Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Goodness Gracious - Joanna Concejo


wow, i just found the blog of this amazing illustrator named Joanna Concejo. none of her websites come up when you do a regular search of her name, but i was looking at some google images and clicked on one to find her blog! it appears that she is french, (correction: she is polish! but currently resides in france. thanks M.!) and it is hard to find her books translated into english *there are none of her books translated into english!* but i will have to find one just for the illustrations. i'm not sure if she has a formal website or just her blog, but either way i'm glad that i found it. i hope you've been inspired.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Joanna Concejo is just wonderful! I was lucky enough to chat with her at a Book Fair near Paris a few months ago, I wrote about it here:
    http://maralsassouni.blogspot.com/2011/02/salon-du-livre-montreuil-pt-2.html
    She is actually Polish but lives in France now — though she has been published in a number of countries, none of her books are in English (yet!). But it doesn't matter — it's her images that count.

    PS. Nice blog you got here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you M.! thanks for the link and letting me see your blog and wonderful artwork. i wish i could go on an international hunt for children's books! there are so many wonderful illustrators out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to thank you for the post, I was researching her and it was useful to find her blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just bought myself one of her books... and I´m soooooo in love with her work!!! I got the one called "Grand et Petit" it´s beautiful... I´m about to post about her in my blog... love yours btw... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OQO publishes her books in English:
    Here are the links (if they don't work, click on images #8 and #21):

    http://oqo.es/editora/en/home?html=1&page=7&html=1

    http://oqo.es/editora/en/home?html=1&page=20&html=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for that info, nino. this is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all

    I know her, she was my school friend since grade 1. Her real name is Asia Iwankowicz. She was top of art class in grade 7 and 8. Very humble person and very talented artist. Her work is very different than any other illustration artist I have seen before and I have to say I like it. Very unique and that's what makes her stand out. I am proud of her and I wish her the best in her life.

    ReplyDelete